The Tea Room QVB FAQ
How does the High Tea service work?
- Each high tea package is the same, each guest will receive their own portion of a selection of finger sandwiches, petit fours, savory pastries a scone and a tea/or coffee. You can upgrade to an alcoholic package for a cost on the day.
- Guests can mix and match the packages; the whole table is not required to order the same package.
- You will receive either 1 tea or 1 coffee; should you wish to order a new coffee or fresh tea leaves this will come at a cost.
Can we share?
- Unfortunately not, each guest aged 5+ is required to order one menu option.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
- Yes, we do you can refer to our online store via the link – https://giftstore.thetearoom.com.au/.
Is BYO available?
- We are fully licensed with an extensive beverage menu. BYO is not available.
Celebrations & Decorations:
- Please note external celebration cakes, pastries or other edible items or alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- For an additional $9 we offer a Celebration Plate – this features a ‘Vanilla Sponge Cake with Berries’, candle and either a ‘Happy Birthday’ or ‘Happy Anniversary’ dark chocolate message plaque.
- We recommend decorations to be small and simple as the high tea stands take up some space. Your table will be in a shared dining space with other guests.
- We do not permit any balloons or confetti in the venue – decorations such as a small centrepiece will be permitted.
- As your booking will take place alongside other patrons; speeches, presentations or games are not permitted.
Do you take group bookings?
- Yes, Monday – Friday we can host up to 60 guests and Saturday-Sundays a maximum of 12 guests (we do not split groups).
- All Group Bookings must complete the following:
– A group booking form and pay a $200 deposit within 48 hours of making the reservation.
– Final numbers and full payment is required 5-7 days prior to booking. We are unable to offer a refund for any confirmed persons that do not attend on the day.
- You can either send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Reservations Team on (02) 9283 7279 extension 1.
Parking & Directions
- The Tea Room QVB is located on the Northern End (Market Street) of the Queen Victoria Building. Please take the lift to Level 3 which will open into our foyer.
- The QVB ‘Wilson Car Park’ entrance is located via York Street. We are not affiliated with them and do not validate parking.
We have ambulant facilities such as:
– A portable ramp to enter the dining room; alternatively there are 2 small steps with a handrail to enter the dining room.
– An Ambulant/Family bathroom located just off the dining room – please ask the staff on the day for assistance.
– Within the Queen Victoria Building – Wheelchair accessible toilets are located on the Lower Ground Floor near the security office as well as on Level 1 Druitt St end of the building. An ambulant toilet is also located on Level 1 Market St end of the building.